Thanks for developing Artisan! It's an amazing piece of software.
I am trying to configure a Watlow PM6 controller for Artisan Beta 4. I have limited PLC and controls knowledge, so please bear with me.
I have installed the requisite drivers for my 485 to usb converter. I am using RTD probes and can read the temperatures in the specified registers through modbus (Watlow modbus test program). I can configure and get Artisan to request the data from the Watlow registers and the Watlow communicates during each call for sample (at the correct intervals). Also, the Watlow is in Modbus mode, using the correct data map (map 2) and sends the data in lo-hi. Slaves are set to 1, reading from regsiters 360 and 450, baud rate set to 19200 and using the correct COM port (COM4 on my system).
I cannot get Artisan to display the temperatures read by the RTDs. It either displays nothing for both or seemingly random numbers which do not correlate. I'm not sure if there is an issue with my settings or if the Beta 4 has an issue with this specific controller?
Any help would be fantastic and much appreciated.
the 5th beta of Artisan v0.6 has just been uploaded to Google Code. This time we also provide a no SSE (Celeron) build for Windows.
- major update of underlying libs (python, numpy, scipy, matplotlib, py2app)
- fixed load/save file path handling to support foreign characters
- fixed BT/ET reading producing lines crossing the whole graph
- improved handling of the "dirty flag" that prevents the loose of unsaved changes
- adds spike filter
- adds roast color and some roast property flags
- improved serial port scanning
- reorganized Extras dialog
- extended Modbus read register support (function 4 and floats added)
reported to work with the Modbus-enabled variant of the Watlow PM6 (to be documented)
- default directory on Mac moved from ~/Library to ~/Documents
- further bug fixes
This one might be the last beta before the 0.6 release. As always, please report issues and feature suggestions!
Thanks for testing,
The Artisan team
the 4th beta of Artisan v0.6 has been recently uploaded to Google Code.
Those are the changes:
- background deltas added
- save/load alarm tables added
- crosslines fixed
- SVG/PDF graph export added
- ambient temperature from curve added
- libs updated (Win build now on Python 2.7)
- new file icons, now there are icons for profiles, alarms and palettes (Mac OS X only)
There will be at least one more beta with some minor feature additions before we move forward to the release candidates. As always, please report issues and feature suggestions!
Thanks for testing,
The Artisan team
Hi Artisan Users,
My roaster is 'controlled' by an arduino (not using TC4) that reads the ET and BT thermocouples, and sets the duty cycle on an SSR to control the heat. The arduino interfaces/communicates to my laptop is via wifi with a simple python program managing things on the laptop side. I'm not currently using Artisan, but I'd like to change over to it instead of using my current interface. I have two questions.
* It should be simple for me to use Artisan to log data using Config -> Defices -> Program -> Test.py'. Is there an example that shows what this program should look like? The default selection box shows 'Test.py', but I can't find that example.
* Ultimately, can 'Test.py' be extended to allow me to control my roaster as well? E.g. each time it's called, Artisan sends a desired setpoint to the PID algorithm in my python script and the python script returns the two temps.
Thanks for any help on this,